It’s almost time to book events for the 2012 International Food and Wine Festival! Here’s a couple of dates to keep in mind:
- If you are an annual passholder, a Tables in Wonderland member, or a DVC Member, you can begin booking seminar and demo events on August 10th. There will be a $2.00 discount per event for those that occur Monday through Thursday.
- The remainder of events, and general public booking, will begin on August 14th at 7:00 a.m.
To book an event, call 407-WDW-Fest (939-3378). It appears some events will be available for online booking as well.
A few of the events readers of this blog might be particularly interested in:
- Discovery of Grand Marnier – A seminar showcasing the talents of a Grand Marnier Cocktail Master. September 30, October 7, and October 21, 2:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. at the Festival Discovery Center Price: $65.00/person plus tax. (The Disney Food Blog has a review of the 2012 event here.)
- Food and Wine Pairings – Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco Pavilion) on Tuesdays from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Tokyo Dining (Japan Pavilion) on Wednesdays from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Price is $55.00/person plus tax.
- Italian Food and Wine Pairing and Italian Food and Beer Pairings – Held at Via Napoli with the beer events being held Tuesdays from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ($55/person plus tax) and the wine events being held Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ($65.00/person plus tax).
- Tequila Pairing Luncheon – Held at La Hacienda de San Angel every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. $70.00/person plus tax. (Disney Food Blog has a review of the 2011 event here.)
Specific details about some of the lower cost Festival Center demonstrations and seminars have not yet been announced, but check the Disney Food Blog’s overview of what we should see available on their special events page here. Hope there are some good mixology events this year!