Welcome to the World Showcase Mexico Pavilion, our first stop for Drinking Around the World.
Within the walls of the pyramid, you’ll find what is undoubtedly the #1 drinking destination of tequila fans who visit Walt Disney World, La Cava del Tequila de San Angel Inn. I think for many of you we could probably stop right here. But, there are other options.
Also inside the pyramid, you’ll find the San Angel Inn, where you can dine as well as drink. This is a great restaurant which has a nice selection of tequila, margaritas (six flavors that are the same as La Cava), Mexican wine and beer. Their full drink menu can be found here.
If you get started a little later in the day (after 4:00 p.m.), you also have the option of dinner and drinks at La Hacienda de San Angel, which is across the walkway from the pyramid. They have some specialty margaritas of their own on the menu, as well as tequila, Mexican beer and wine.
The other options at the Mexico pavilion are La Cantina de San Angel, a counter service restaurant, which has a few varieties of frozen margaritas and Dos Equis on draft, and the margarita kiosk.
The operation of the margarita kiosk was recently taken over by the folks who run La Cava del Tequila, and we have heard they have made some changes to the menu. The menu here seemed to change often anyway, but they usually have some frozen margaritas, a shot of some type of tequila, and Dos Equis.
So, where to start? Well, back to La Cava del Tequila. If you’re not planning to dine at the Mexico Pavilion, then skip the rest and head to La Cava. With over 70 different tequilas and mezcals to choose from, plus some amazing margarita flavors, why go anywhere else? For those on the go, just ask for your drink that way and they are happy to oblige.
- The Authentic Choice: Tons of authentic options at this pavilion. Take your pick.
- The Hard Alcohol Choice: La Cava del Tequila tequila or mezcal shot or specialty margarita.
- The Beer Choice: Bohemia from La Cava del Tequila (or one of the restaurants).
- The Lightweight’s Choice: Frozen margarita from La Cantina de San Angel (weaker than the kiosk ones in our experience).
- Our Choice: Margarita from La Cava del Tequila (personal favorite: Blood Orange).
Next up – Norway Pavilion.