I had originally started writing what would probably have been an overlong explanation of “Drinking Around the World.” But then I realized that it was highly doubtful that anyone reading this blog wouldn’t already know what that means. Instead, we’ll pretty much get right to a country by country exploration of World Showcase, including the options available and suggestions for your adventure. (Just because you know what it is, doesn’t mean you’ve done it yet, right?)
Here are three basic tips to keep in mind before you get started:
- Pace yourself. Take your time, and enjoy World Showcase along the way. No need to rush.
- Eat something. You’ll at least need a little something along the way, and having a meal before starting is a probably a good idea.
- Water is your friend. In the Florida heat, you will be amazed at how quickly you can become dehydrated. Add all that alcohol in there… Well, just drink it. You’ll thank me later.
If you’re going to be drinking all beer, our suggestion is that you start in Canada. If you’re more of a liquor person, or a mix of the two, start in Mexico. If you’re planning to drink mostly wine, I don’t think it really matters where you start, and to be honest, I probably won’t talk too much about that. (I suppose all that probably counts as a fourth, maybe even fifth or sixth tip, but it just didn’t fit as nicely with the others.)
We will provide suggestions in the following categories for each pavilion:
- The Authentic Choice – Something that is from the actual country itself, not a made up cocktail, etc.
- The Hard Alcohol Choice – What we feel to be the best of the hard alcohol options
- The Beer Choice – What we feel to be the best of the beer options
- The Lightweight’s Choice – What we feel would be the best option for someone who has a lower alcohol tolerance
- Our Choice – What our personal choice would be from the above options
Some of our choices will obviously overlap, but those are the categories we figured would be most helpful.
First stop: Mexico Pavilion.