The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival kicks off this week at Epcot on Wednesday, March 7th, and runs through May 20th. Since we know Epcot is a popular place to visit for many of our readers, here’s a few things you might want to check out while you’re there:
- New for this year, presented by Haiti Originale, is “Haiti: Garden of Many Colors.” This is the festival’s first illuminated garden and will feature products of Haiti, including cocktails made from Haitian rhums and liqueurs, for purchase.
- Flower Power Concert Series featuring weekend concerts from performers from the 60’s and 70’s at the American Gardens Theater. The full line up can be found here.
- English Tea Garden tour at the United Kingdom Pavillion featuring a variety of teas by Twinings of London. Tours will be held Monday through Thursday at 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., and Friday through Sunday at 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Register for your guided tour at The Tea Caddy.
- Bambi’s Butterfly Garden, presented by HGTV, where you can experience hundreds of native butterflies and see some of your favorite characters from the Disney film Bambi, presented in topiary.
- Other unique gardens include:
- For the Birds, Presented by the National Audobon Society and located next to Pixie Hollow
- Festival Blooms, Presented by Miracle-Gro® and located at Future World East and West Lake
- Water Wise Herbs & Vegetables, Presented by Rain Bird Corporation and located adjacent to the Canada Pavilion
- Spice and Herb Garden located at the Morocco Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection located at the Japan Pavilion
- Orchids located at the Mexico Pavilion
- Sand Sculpture Art, Presented by Disneynature Chimpanzee and located at the Imagination Walkway
- Over 75 Disney character topiaries
For all the up to date information on the festival, be sure to visit the Walt Disney World website’s Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival overview here.
If you have a chance to sample any of the cocktails at the Haitian garden, we’d love to see your pictures and hear what you think of the drinks!