Part of the Epcot Holidays Around the World seasonal event, this weekend saw the return of the Holiday Storytellers to World Showcase. One of the highlights of the holiday season at Walt Disney World, the storytellers are:
- Mexico – LosTres Reyes Magos, the Three Kings, tell of their journey to the Posada and traditions today.
- Norway – Storyteller Sigrid, tells of the mischievous Christmas Gnome, Julenissen.
- China – The Monkey King weaves his tall tale with twists and turns celebrating Chinese New Year!
- Germany –Helga tells the story of the first Christmas tree and of her first Nutcracker.
- Italy – Italy’s good Christmas witch, La Befana, tells the tale of the Epiphany and her first Christmas 2,000 years ago.
- American Adventure –
Christmas: Whisper your Christmas wishes in Santa’s ear. Mrs. Claus will be there to
Kwanzaa: The spirit of Kwanzaa, a celebration of family, creativity and community
Hanukkah: The connection of today’s Hanukkah traditions, and the story of the Maccabees and the lamp that burned miraculously for eight days.
- Japan The fascinating story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the NewYear.
- France – Père Noël shares a letter from a little girl that recreates the magic of Christmas through the eyes of a child.
- Morocco – Drum with Taarji, as he celebrates the customs of Ramadan and Ashura.
- United Kingdom – Jolly Father Christmas makes traditions from Christmas past just as fun today.
- Canada – Nowell, a Canadian lumberjack, tells of his journey to find Santa at Christmastime.
The storytellers start performing around noon and give about eight performance per day, with each lasting between five to ten minutes. Also of note, most of the storytellers are willing to pose for photos with you at the conclusion of their performance.
Whether you’re “drinking around the world” or just want to take a quick break during the day, visiting Epcot during the holidays gives you a unique opportunity to grab your favorite beverage and enjoy these entertaining holiday tales.